Monday, July 27, 2009

Old School Onion Rings

Tuesdays at the Table
TuesdaysAtTheTable

Tasty Tuesday
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I got this recipe from Food Network's "The Neely's". The Hubster made these because he has a thing for hot grease and small appliances. They were soooo delicious. Chili's Awesome Blossom ain't got nothin' on him.

The Recipe:
Oil for deep frying (we used canola)
2 lg vidalia onions
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 teas hot sauce
1 egg-beaten
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
2 teas season salt
1/4 teas cayenne pepper

Preheat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees.Slice onion in 3/4 in rings and separate.Combine buttermilk, egg and hot sauce in large shallow dish. Stir in onion rings and soak for 5 minutes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Combine flour, cornmeal, season salt and cayenne in XL ziplock or brown paper bag. Add the onion rings in small batches and shake until covered with flour mixture.Add onions in small batches to deep fryer, being careful not to overcrowd. Fry about 2-4 until golden brown.Transfer to serving plate and season with salt while still hot. Enjoy!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You know I had to make sliders to go with those rings.:)
Thanks to Cole at All the Small Stuff for hosting Tuesdays at the Table. Thanks to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday.






15 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm gonna get fat reading your blog! :)
Tracy

Cathy said...

I hope you have leftovers...I am on my way!!! Yummy!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Jessica said...

YUM! Gotta love the Neelys :)

Joyfulsister said...

HI Lisa..
OMG That looks so good!!! I think I shall try it LOL. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Where is that you live now?? (smiles).
Thanks for your visit and for sharing youe heart with me.

Hugz Lorie

Tee said...

I second Tracy's comment.

Stacey said...

Lisa, I was just thinking of making hamburgers tonight. My guys would be in heaven with those onion rings. I'll have to think on that!

heartnsoulcooking said...

I love watching the foodnetwork! I GREAT!!! dish that goes with a BBQ. THANKS!!! Geri

delighted heart said...

Man I LOVE onion rings! Better than french fries! And I love it when the rings are bigger than the burgers! LOL I'll just have a little burger to go with my rings! Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comments. I loved all the planning for the weddings...I just needed a bigger crew. Didn't get quite all the projects done that I wanted but everything did run smooth as silk for the wedding. Now the rehearsal was a different story! The bride had a meltdown and called the whole thing off for about 30 minutes! LOL

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, That is one of my favorite meals...good lawd them OR look good!!! Nancy

Ginger said...

Those luck so yummy!

MaRiN said...

Yummy! I just made shoestring onion rings the other night, I love onions! I'll have to give your recipe a try! Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Miller said...

Yummy Lisa! We do love onion rings and this recipe looks great. The Neely's show is wonderful. :)

Cole said...

Mmmmm, yummy! I think the Neely's are just adorable. :-)

gabrieladelworth said...

Hello,

This is a great recipe!


~ Gabriela ~

Liz said...

Onion Rings are my favorite!!!!! This looks yummy!
~Liz

Blogging tips