Thursday, July 9, 2009

Guess Where I've Been?




...Because it's everything Bama isn't
Better than Tulane
a Southerner's Dream and a Northerner's Wish
The pride and joy of the great state of Louisiana
Mike the Tiger
I bleed purple and gold
Tiger Stadium on a Saturday Night
Ole Miss's worst nightmare
and a place that can get in your blood and stay forever.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kindred Spirits,by now you've probably guessed that I've been in Baton Rouge,partaking of the shrine that is LSU.(Orientation for Mr. LSU) Established in 1860 LSU's hallowed grounds speak of another era, while top notch educators and state of the art facilities help to propel young men and women into their destinies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You can not visit LSU without stopping by to visit Mike, The Tiger. This is , after all, Tiger Territory! Geaux Tigers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It is reported that once upon a time, LSU's in-state rival Tulane University kidnapped Mike and painted him Green Wave Green. Oh My Goodness!
Speaking of Tulane, we had to make a pit stop in NOLA to see the Grad-Student who just returned from a mission trip to Kenya.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, KS, how is your summer going?





9 comments:

Tee said...

I was wondering where you had disappeared to! I'm jealous. We're just making do with the new CWS champs T-shirts that finally arrived this week. I showed your post to Big T. He said you need to be my new BFF.

Never heard that story about Mike. I wouldn't want to be the person who had to actually paint that tiger...

LuLu said...

What a beautiful place! So glad you had a wonderful time.
LuLu

Nancy said...

Lisa, Welcome back! I have been wondering about you!!! Glad you had a great time! nancy

Liz said...

Hi Miss Lisa! Glad to see you back in bloggerville. I just did a post that reminds me of you. Come by and see.

So happy you had a fun trip and the grad is home safe and sound! :)

~Liz

Michelle said...

Oh how fun, Lisa!! Glad you had a nice trip! What beautiful buildings. My summer has been busy, busy, busy..no travel yet. I may travel home in a month or so. :) Miss my family.

Tracy said...

Hey Lisa, sounds like you had a great trip! I missed ya!
Tracy

Jeni said...

What a beautiful blog you have. Wishing you a wonderful day! Happy that my b-ball playing boys brought back great memories.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Stopping by to thank you for the sweet prayers Lisa !

Cathy said...

Lisa...I am so glad that you are back!!! What a fun trip!!!

I look forward to catching up!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Blogging tips