Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Beautiful Homes of Baton Rouge

I thought you sweet gals would like a little drive by tour of the beautiful homes in the areas surrounding LSU.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not surprisingly there are lots of French style homes in Baton Rouge and Arcadian architecture, along with quaint, traditional cottages.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These two are my favorites.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Look at the sweet guest house! Ya'll do know how I feel about guest houses don't you?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This beauty was designed by the premier architect of the South, A. Hayes Town.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Isn't it gorgeous? Wouldn't love to see the interior?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well, Kindred Spirits, thanks for stopping by! I always enjoy your company!



16 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Lisa. I just love driving around looking at houses. Thanks for taking us along!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Lisa,
Oh my they are all so beautiful! I really enjoyed the tour. Thanks for sharing it with us. I love that circular drive and the red door.

Have a blessed evening.
~Melissa :)

Tee said...

A. Hays Town was da bomb. Pic 5 is my favorite. Sort of reminds me of Shadows on the Teche.

pink green & southern said...

Thanks for showcasing the beauty of my hometown. Every since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of living in an A. Has Town designed home. Not gonna happen living in CT but maybe one day...

Liz said...

A lovely drive! I always love to see other peoples homes. :)

~Liz

Cheri Peoples said...

Thanks for the lovely southern tour of homes. I love how different areas have totally different styles.
Cheri
www.itssovery cheri.blogspot.com

fiberdoodles said...

Oh these are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Sharon

Tracy said...

Lisa, these are beautiful homes. My inlaws use to live close to Baton Rouge, but have since moved back to Texas...we always went driving around "touring". There are so many lovely places in soutern Louisiana. I really like the smaller towns around the Mississippi and False River too. Were you raised down there?
Thanks for taking us along!
Tracy

Nancy said...

Oh yes, I would love to see the interior!!! Love them all! nancy

Cathy said...

What a beautiful tour!!! Driving around looking at houses is one of my favorite things to do!!! You found some wonderful ones!!!

I hope you are surviving this heat!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Elyse said...

hi lisa!

the little guest house is so sweet and i always love a picket fence. thank you for the tour!

xo

kymber said...

Thank you for sharing those beautiful houses! There is nothing I enjoy more than to drive or walk around and look at houses and gardens. I love to imagine the families living there. It is so much fun to visit different cities and look at the architecture of the homes for that area.

Thanks for the tour!
Blessings to you,
Kymber

Katie said...

Can I move there? I love them all we have such similar taste. Thanks for your comments.

Cote de Texas said...

Baton Rouge has great houses- I love to drive around in that town!
thanks for the comment today, too!!!!!
Joni

Southern Lady said...

All of those are beautiful, Lisa, but my favorite is the A. Hayes Town house. It epitomizes "southern living," doesn't it!

batonrougehome said...

Really nice blog …. Thanks for share with us!
baton rouge home

Blogging tips