Thursday, June 11, 2009

Uptown Country Home

Walking through the front door of Jenny Grumble's cottage chic boutique, "Uptown Country Home" I was warmly greeted by none other than sweet pea Jenny herself. With her 100 watt smile she invited me to draw a coupon out of the treat bowl for a surprise % off of any one item, even sale stuff. Well, say no more. I was gonna find something to take home with me...and believe me it wasn't hard.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jenny also sells Dash & Albert rugs and Pine Cone Hill bedding, both of which can be ordered in various color palettes and sizes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh. Jenny's Mama Fran Holley operates her "ultimate recycling" business,"Frantiques", from Jenny's shop. Be sure and bring your measurements (I always forget). She'll also do custom recycling!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Of course, Kindred Spirits, I did find something. A sweet rug for the thespian's bathroom. Look at Jenny's darlin' cash wrap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And how Jenny packaged my purchase...all tied up with a vintage hankie.Simply charming!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Please show your Kindred support for this young entrepreneur and her way cute boutique. And remember to tell her Lisa sent you.

Uptown Country Home
3419 Milton
Dallas,Texas 75205
1.877.232.2042
uptowncountryhome.net



11 comments:

cindy said...

You always know the coolest places. You are gonna get me in big trouble, cause I can see that I'm going to have to take a little drive over to this one as well! :D Looks adorable, can't wait to see it in person!

-c
yapping cat

Cathy said...

Lisa,
We made it through the storm without a scratch. Thank God!!! I am glad to here ya'll are O.K. as well!!!

We must be passing each other on our shopping trips. I love Uptown Country and Snyder Plaza as well!!! We first discovered her little shop an vacation in La Jolla...when it closed I did a little investigating and found out that she had opened one here. I was thrilled. My mom ordered all the rugs for her condo from Uptown...we love it!!! Small world!!!

I love all of your posts about our fun town!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Tracy said...

Hey Lisa, hope you are doing well. I just love the pictures of this cute shop. Oh how I would love to have a shop like that.
Have a great weekend!
Tracy

Half of the Style Sisters said...

Lisa, HOw fun to know that you have an Allen EAgle too! What are the chances of that! I am gong to check out your blog it looks amazing! I am excited to find out cool places to go to around our area. I have only lived here for 4 years now. I am listening to your music and we just watched pride and prejudice last night! Love that movie!! Thanks for stopping by we will have to keep in touch for sure!

Karin

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

This store has some adorable stuff! I especially love the little pink suitcase with the travel labels on it!
I made a larger version of one but never thought to paint it a color! What a great idea!!

Thanks for sharing!
Sherri:)

Liz said...

Oh Boy! Dallas just must be a shopping Mecca! :)

I love the little pink suit case!

~Liz

shopannies said...

this would be my place to shop

GrannySmithGreen said...

My! That looks like such an interesting shop. Do I spy a hooked rug in your bag? Have a great weekend!

Nancy said...

OOOH Lisa, Up Town Country looks like my kind of place! I will check them out on line! Thanks for sharing the info!

Now, I am off to check out the strawberry cupcakes..YUMMMM! Nancy

Tee said...

Is the zebra rug Dash & Albert too? I so need that! There's a new(ish) store just over the South Carolina line that sells D&A. I need to go see if they have that one.

Barb said...

Great store.
blessings
barbara jean

Blogging tips