Monday, June 1, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table

TuesdaysAtTheTable

And Tasty Tuesday

This is my adaptation of a Sandra Lee recipe. Mine is better(O:

My Berry Cookie Cobbler

2 12 oz bags frozen blackberries, thawed
1- 21oz can cherry pie filling
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teas cinnamon
1 roll prepared sugar cookie dough
vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Ina large bowl, mix berries, pie filing, sugar, and cinnamon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Transfer fruit mixture to baking dish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp, and juices bubble thickly, about 45 minutes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Serve warm with ice cream.

Thanks to Andrea at My Chihuahua Bites for hosting Tuesdays at the Table! And Thanks to Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for hosting Tasty Tuesday!





11 comments:

Cole said...

That looks so yummy & EASY!! :-) Awesome recipe!

Stacey said...

Yummy! Perfect recipe for summer time berries. The dish is pretty too. :)

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Yum, yum, yum....another reason why I just LOVE summer. I love it when people improve upon a good recipe/ :)

Tee said...

Would it be okay if I sent my husband down to visit you? He absolutely adores cobbler (especially peach)! Me, not so much. I'll just have the cookies off the top. ;)

Liz said...

YUM!!! I think I'm gonna have to make it! I can't believe you did a Sandra Lee recipe on the same day I did a post about her magazine! How funny!

Have a great day and save me a big bowl of cobler!:)

~Liz

Joan said...

My grandma made the best cobbler and your looks just as good. xo Joan

Kasey Hunt said...

I enjoyed your comment in regards to lifeingrace blog. You cobbler looks delicious!!

Elyse said...

must look away ...

trying to lose weight ...

would be delish with coffee ...

but must look away ...

enjoy it for me!

xo

LuLu said...

I sure could go for a bowl... oh my gosh it looks so good.. perfect with a hot cup of tea right before bed would make me sleep in perfect slumber!
LuLu

Jerralea said...

That certainly does look good! Never thought about using cookie dough for a crust!

I'll be trying this soon!

Tracy said...

Oh Lisa, that looks sooo good. I think I will try it soon! Thanks for sharing it.
Tracy

Blogging tips