Monday, May 4, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table

TuesdaysAtTheTable

Paula's Spring Vegetable Salad

2 qts water
1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1- 8oz pack fresh sugar snap peas
2 cups frozen green peas
1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
1/3 cup extra light olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon minced dill
1/2 teas salt
1/4 teas black pepper

In large saucepan, bring water to boil over med-hi heat.Add green vegetables;boil for 1 minute. drain and rinse with cold water until vegetables are room temp. Add radishes; cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Add dressing to vegetables, toss, cover and chill for up to 4 hours. Don't combine veggies and dressing until 4 hours before serving. A quick tip- A good bottled vinaigrette works well in this recipe and saves you a few steps. I like Brianna's French Vinaigrette.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks to Andrea at My Chihuahua Bites for hosting Tuesdays at the Table!



6 comments:

Liz said...

Oh this looks yummy! So fresh and healthy. I will have to give it a try.

Hope you are having a great week.

~Liz

Saleslady371 said...

Looks luscious! And there's only one ingredient I'm allergic to and will have to leave out.

newlyweds said...

How pretty, looks so good and healthy! Gotta love that.

jennykate77 said...

That looks so good! I love when the weather gets warmer, because it makes me crave good stuff...veggies and fruit and water. Thanks for sharing!

southerninspiration said...

Of course you are right about prayer.....I should have included that we can pray with them.....thanks for pointing that out!

Suzanne

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

This definitely reminds me of summer. I'm really looking forward to enjoying some lite recipes.
I'm so ready for sunshine!!!
It was so wet and cold today I had the heater cranked up! While I'm turning up the heat my sis in So. Calif. is turning up the air conditioner!

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Blogging tips