Saturday, May 30, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

singing birds

His Ways


8 "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.
"And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so My ways are higher than your ways
and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.
10 "The rain and snow come down from the heavens
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with My word .
I send it out and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

Isaiah 55:8-11 NLT
Thanks to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday.


11 comments:

Tracy said...

I like this scripture...it just reminds me that he will always provide what is important. I loose focus sometimes. Thanks Lisa!
Have a great Sunday!
Tracy

Charlotte said...

This is such a wonderful scripture. We need to be reminded that His ways and His thoughts are so far above ours. I know that what God has prepared for us is far more wonderful than we can ever imagine. As I am getting older and closer to that day this is wonderful assurance.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Smilingsal said...

I'm glad that my God is BiGGER than I can envision. Thanks for sharing. Happy SS Sunday.

Stacey said...

His ways are definitely far beyond our ways. Thanks Lisa!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank you, Lisa! And I'm so thankful that His ways are beyond ours. I need to remember to make my ways be more like His.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Clif said...

Splendid Scripture. Thanks for sharing. Brief and to the point!

skoots1mom said...

my post is about providence today too!

enchanting cottage said...

These scripture are wonderful! I enjoyed reading them today.
God Bless,
Ginger

God Chaser said...

Thank you for sharing these scriptures today. blessings throughout the week.

Michelle said...

Such a lovely scripture....touching and so true.

Liz said...

What relief he has promised. That there is so much more than what we see in the common day to day.

Thanks Lisa!

~Liz

Blogging tips