Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kool Aid Play-Doh

I help teach a kindergarten Sunday School class and you know how you always seem to have more time than lesson? Well I remembered this from my room mother days. It's so easy and the kids love that it smells. Also makes a great rainy day activity come Summer!
The Recipe:
I cup flour
1/2 cup salt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 tablespoons cooking oil
I pack Kool Aid - any flavor

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 cup boiling water
Add boiling water to dry ingredients. Stir until cool enough to handle. Knead until smooth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Store in zip lock bags in fridge.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Super easy and a fun activity to have in your SuperMom or SuperGramma bag of tricks!





8 comments:

newlyweds said...

What a great craft. I will have to keep this recipe when my boys get a little older. How fun.

Jerri - Simply Sweet Home said...

Hi. You have a lovely blog here and such great content. I've added you to the list of blogs I follow.

Michelle said...

I love homemade Play-Doh! If it smelled like Kool-Aid I would probably eat it though. LOL Thank you for your comforting words on my last post. :) It always helps to get words like yours from blogging friends who are there for you. :) Didn't eat pancakes but Dots were fine.

Liz said...

Why I never! :) Not from Kool Aid anyway...
How fun!
~Liz

Nancy said...

Oh how fun! I will have to make this for my niece, but ofcourse I will have to send it home with her...LOL ;) Nancy

Elyse said...

very fun and probably smells much nicer than regular play-doh.

xo

Bella Blogger said...

Hi Lisa, Please stop by my blog, I have something for you.
Michelle
Shabby Creations

Saleslady371 said...

I am going to be that super grandma with your help, dear Lisa! She's only 7 months now, so I'll have to file this!

Blogging tips