Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Virtual Repast

A Repast is a final tribute friends and neighbors bestow upon departed members of their community. Once hearing the sad news of a homegoing, food begins to appear almost immediately. It is a way to share the burden of grief. Our dear friend Andrea at My Chihuahuas Bites
lost a beloved uncle last week. While this internet community is virtual, it is community none the less...So I am crossing the virtual street in my virtual community. I am knocking on my blog neighbor's door. I am bringing this.

coconut Pictures, Images and Photos

I am wrapping my virtual arms around her and telling her that everything will be alright.


4 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Blog friends are very real friends and can offer real comfort in hard times. Bless you, Lisa for reaching out even in this "virtual" world. I'll stand beside you in offering Andrea my sympathies as well.
Suzanne

Vivienne said...

Well put.

Tracy said...

Lisa, you are a good friend! My sympathies to Andrea too.
Tracy

Vivienne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I meant to tell you in my earlier comment:
Thanks for the rice bake recipe from last Tuesday at the Table! I made it last night and everyone loved it.

Blogging tips