Monday, April 27, 2009

Tuesdays at the Table

TuesdaysAtTheTable

Orange Coffee Cake

I got this recipe courtesy Paula Deen from her Food Network Show. Kindred Spirits, do you ever have breakfast for dinner? We did the other night and I made this to go with the bacon and eggs. It was a big hit. The recipe is as follows:
2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for pan
1 can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons orange zest

Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons orange juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 in round cake plate (I used a pie pan).
Separate the biscuit dough into 8 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in center of pan. Cut the remaining biscuits in half, forming 14 half circles.Arrange the pieces around the center biscuit with cut sides facing in the same direction.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Brush melted butter over the tops of biscuits.
in a small bowl, combine nuts, sugar and orange zest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mix well and sprinkle over biscuits. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and orange juice. Blend until smooth adding more orange juice, if needed, to thin. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake and serve.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks Andrea at My Chihuahua Bites for hosting Tuesdays at the Table.




14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds yummy!

GrannySmithGreen said...

This looks delicious!

Also, I have the sound turned on the computer. Your piano music is just AMAZING! I'm in dream world now! So funny, I almost said, "sounds like a Jane Austin movie"--and it was! I LOVE IT!!!!

kkrowan said...

That looks so good! Thank you for sharing this I will have to try it!

Nancy said...

Oh that looks so good, Lisa! I am glad I came by here today! Gotta grab a pen and write this down.

Kim said...

Ohhh my, this looks sinfully delicious!! I'll have to try this!

newlyweds said...

Oh my mouth is watering, this looks so good.

AndreaLeigh said...

oh my goodness, this looks delicious! it sounds perfect for a lazy saturday morning, wiht some coffee. thanks for linking up!

LuLu said...

Oh my that looks like the "best" thing ever! i'm making it... and having it with a hot cup of tea!! oh yummmm... thank you for your sweet words... I'm roaring now i feel so much better from all this support. :) thank you
LuLu

momma said...

anything by paula deen has to be good! i like your pictures!!

robinrane said...

It's morning. I'm starving...and this looks yumalicious!
Robin
All Things Heart and Home

with.much.love said...

That looks heavenly! And if it's Paula Deen I know it must be good!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, my favorite flavor in baking is orange!! Oh and chocolate but this looks so wonderful. I might have to try this one out.

Liz said...

LOL! Do we do breakfast for dinner?! At least once or twice a week! :) I actually did a post on Weight Watcher Waffles for dinner. This looks yummy! I am going to try it for sure! :)
~Liz

Robin said...

You know, I love Paula Dean (I call her "The Pie Lady").....and that looks yummy....
Do you suppose I could use homemade biscuits?
They are just so easy to make, taste better and a whole lot cheaper. :-)
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I hope you have a beautiful day today.

Blogging tips