Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tucker Hill

Kindred Spirits, I know YOU never take little field trips to model homes (: Well Linda and I took a drive through Tucker Hill, one of the cutest new neighborhoods this side of the Mississippi.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Dallas annual Parade of Homes was held here last year and of course we attended that fab fete. But we felt the need to check on this sweet developement to see how they've been getting along. The goal of Tucker Hill is to build new homes with the character and charm of old ones.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is a beautiful Founder's Square with a spectacular fountain

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

that plays host to Easter Egg hunts, concerts and art shows.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tucker Hill also features a fully staffed horticulture team with an on site greenhouse at the ready to design and maintain ( the hubster would love that) the signature hedgerows for every home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Decorative window boxes dress up the homes' individual exteriors, as well as usable porches at least 6 feet deep and guest house quarters (KS you know how I feel about guest houses!).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also in the works, the Residents' Club with a full time Activities Director and a quaint commercial district with distinct residential scale buildings well within walking or biking distance from homes.
Tucker Hill is destined to be one of the premier North Texas residential communities. If you're ever in the neighborhood drop by for one of their signature Tea On the Porch socials. Tell them Lisa sent you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




10 comments:

Noah's Mommy said...

What a great neighborhood....Love the community aspect of it...the homes are beautiful.....stopping by with some SITS love

Stacey said...

Oh now if I ever get to move back to Dallas I'd like to look into that. Tht is very appealing to me.

pinkstilettos said...

What gorgeous houses!Thanks for stopping by my blog and posting a comment. Have a great day! Daisy~

Katie said...

If it only had a little bit bigger lot I would be in heaven. I love new homes that look old. I love the look of these and Idea. I do like the country though and need a little more space they are close together. What was the price range? I'm thinking upper $500,000 + to million for the larger one. Just a guess, awesome. Wishe I could have gone with you.

Michelle said...

Oh I love all the porches!!! Ahhhh, to dream to live in one of those. :)

Liz said...

Wow! Talk about a flashback! I would love to be able to buy a home there. I bet they have a premier price too. It's good to know that some of the old traditional values in neighborhoods are coming back. I swear! My dream home will have a front porch! :) thanks for the pretty pictures.....

~Liz

Elyse said...

hi lisa,

what a lovely stroll/scroll! the photo of the white picket fence with blue flowers is BEAUTIFUL!!!

xo

Cindy said...

Beautiful houses. I love the porches. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy

Miss Janice said...

Oooh, I love that neighborhood!

AndreaLeigh said...

wow, those are some gorgeous homes. i love nothing more than to drive around and look at houses.

Blogging tips