Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Lord, I'm Thankful I'm a Texan

Texas Blubonnets Pictures, Images and Photos

Every good and perfect gift God has ever given me has come by way of Texas. My husband is a native Texan, my children are Texans and I sure do hope my grandchildren are Texans. I love the history of Texas, The Dallas Cowboys and Fredericksburg but I very extra 'specially love bluebonnets.If you are ever fortunate enough to take a lazy drive on a Texas highway in Spring you are in for a treat. Texas has some of the most beautiful, scenic highways scattered with wildflowers as far as the eye can see. The Hill Country lays claim, and rightly so, to the best scenic drives but all over the great state of Texas wildflowers are in bloom thanks mostly to the tireless efforts of the late First Lady and native Texan Lady Bird Johnson.(How was that for a run on sentence!) You can not claim to be a Texan if you have not parked your Suburban on the side of the road, plopped your younguns in a patch of bluebonnets, grabbed your camera and proceeded to happily snap away. "Oh Sally quit your cryin'! Ant bites build character." Oh how I love Texas and for that Lord I am grateful!



10 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Amen,sistah!!!

Suzanne

delighted heart said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm only up the road from you to the east about 80 miles (Sulphur Springs) and our husbands share the same profession! (Small world!) Mine graduated from Bayor (dallas) in 1979 and we have been blessed to practice in a small town and raise 3 kids. I was lovin the bluebonnets as I drove to Paris and back yesterday!
Blessings!
Patti

delighted heart said...

OMGosh! They probably know one another! Shoot...we might even know each other! Were you guys married in dental school? Email me at pattivee@suddenlink.net. Too Cool!

cindy said...

LOL! I hear ya Gurl! We had some pretty ones out this way (south) and almost seems like the colors are becoming more intense. They are pretty this year.

-c

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I am proud to be an Oregonian but would love to visit Texas some day for sure...I loved Georgia! Those flowers are gorgeous...thank-you so much for coming by and visiting me. cherry

Michelle said...

I've only been to Texas once but I loved it! I envy you live there! The flowers are beautiful. I also have dreamt about living in those beautiful little towns in the midwest...and the deep south, South Carolina, Georgia. *sigh*. I will dream until then. :)

Liz said...

I have been to Texas a couple of times but never saw the Blue Bonnets. I have always heard about them though. I think that I need to see them!

~Liz

JudyBug said...

We've seen the bluebonnets twice while going to Round Top for the Antique festival. What a gorgeous sight. I love the hill country!
JudyBug

Dixie said...

Me too Lisa... me too!

cottage farm villa (cottagecharm) said...

They say Texans are proud to be Texans!!! And you said it!!!! A California Girl living in Texas....and I know why you all are proud. I love this state too!

Blogging tips