Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm Thankful for my Home

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She sits on a winding road on a large lot in a quiet neighborhood. She is the cumulation of years spent dreaming and saving. Divine Providence caused us to stumble upon her one Sunday afternoon. She had us at "Hello". She is a stone and brick Country French cottage with a barn red door and shutters.For 10 years we have raised our children within her warm embrace. She has stood steady and strong while they tested their wings (and our patience). She has hosted wonderful neighbors and seen them turn into cherished friends. This house, my home, holds all that I hold dear and for that Lord I am thankful.



7 comments:

Stacey said...

She's a beauty!

southerninspiration said...

She is such a charming lady......would love to see more of her!!!

Suzanne

Mrs. G said...

She is lovely. Thanks for visiting this morning.
Hugs,
Sue

Elyse said...

aw, what a sweet post about your home. it is stunningly beautiful.

it's a nice feeling to love your home, isn't it? we've been in ours nearly three years. it's the first house i have ever lived in. i feel so lucky, blessed and fortunate to be here.

happy weekend!

xo

Dolly said...

Oh she is beautiful...I'd love to see inside!

I feel the same way about our home...she is my haven, my comfort zone, she wraps in her warmth and love!

Have a wonderful Easter,
Hugz & Blessings,
Dolly

Liz said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL!!

You should love it! :)

~Liz

*The Beautiful Life* said...

BEAUTIFUL!! OH I love this home! No wonder you do, too! I'm new to your blog, so I'll have to spend time going back through all your posts -- I'm hoping that I'll uncover more of your lovely home in them! :)

Thanks for blogging!! :)

Blogging tips