Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am Thankful for the Church


church Pictures, Images and Photos

I love church. Always have. I love the music. I love the altar. I love the lilies at Easter and the poinsettias at Christmas. I even love the bulletin. I love that God uses believers like me to minister to me. I love pastors who preach just what I need to hear on the very day I need to hear it. I love the brothers and sisters who have prayed with me and for me; who console, advise and exhort me. I love when I am called upon to return the blessing. I love to comfort others with the comfort with which I have been comforted. I'm sure God could have used other means to minister to us. I suppose He could have used the government, some social or political system, but He didn't. When the Rock of Ages, the Chief Cornerstone, the Great I Am chose, He chose us. He chose you and me. He chose the Church. For that I am thankful.
PS This is not my church but it sure is pretty! I'd love to visit one day.



5 comments:

Katie said...

I agree with your post (:
Katie <><

cottage farm villa (cottagecharm) said...

Yes, that is a great church that anyone would want to visit..... what a beautiful post of your heart felt thoughts!

Rhondi said...

Hi Lisa
Church is something I am very thankful for too!

char72 said...

I've been going to church since I was 10 years old. That's over 62 years. I never get tired of it. God knew what he was doing when he thought of the church. Of course. He knew what he was doing whenever he did anything (and everything). I'm glad he gave us the church.
Charlotte

A Romantic Porch said...

I love this posting. How thoughtful it is! Thank you for visiting me today! xo rachel

Blogging tips