Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spirtual Sunday

singing birds

Kindred Spirits, I want to share with you why I will always post a Scripture on Sundays. In every single crisis of my life God has always used His Word as a means of deliverance.Deliverance always came by way of the Word. My prayer is that someone visiting me will find encouragement, wisdom and victory through the Word of God. In the front of the Gideon Bible(God bless the Gideons) there is written a beautiful synopsis of the Bible. It states,"the Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable. Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter."
And so Dear Ones I, like Paul,"Commit you to God [ I deposit you in His charge, entrusting you to His protection and care]. And I commend you to the Word of His grace [ to the commands and counsels and promises of His unmerited favor]. It is able to build you up and to give you your rightful inheritance among all God's set apart ones ; those consecrated, purified, and transformed of soul."

Acts 20:32 AMP

Thank you to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting Spiritual Sunday.


14 comments:

Smilingsal said...

And I thank you! Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Southern Lady said...

Thank you for this inspiring and uplifting way to start my day, Lisa.

I hope your "Spiritual Sunday" is filled with many blessings.

Saleslady371 said...

Happy Sunday, Lisa!
Thank you for the inspirational post. I also enjoyed your beautiful blog!

enchanting cottage said...

This is beautiful! It was just perfect, and I'm so happy that you are hear with us on Sundays, what a blessing for everyone!
God Bless you,
Ginger

char72 said...

Thank you for sharing this. I'm thankful for the Gideons also.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Clif said...

Encouraging words! Thanks for posting.

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Hi (A)Lisa!
Thanks for stopping by Carolina Panache and double thanks for letting me know that we share the same name. My Dad and all my (many) brothers dropped the A from my name and call ne Lisa too. Only my Mom has been faithful to call me by my given name. Now, my husband calls me by Alisa and my best friend but most others call me Lisa. I am glad you liked the beachy tablescape. It is one of my favorites. I also want to thank you for your lovely post today. I always find encouragement, hope and renewal from God's Word! I teach Sunday School at my church and this mornings lesson was on the "Word became flesh and dwelt among us". Praise God that Christ took upon human flesh. So thank you so much for your witness. God bless!
Warmly,
Alisa

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Thank you Lisa, for this inspiring post. I too have found that when I was faced with a crisis that His Word brought me the answer. Thank you for sharing His inspiring word today. Blessings,
Sue

Melly said...

This was a beautiful encouraging post, thank you so much Lisa.
Have a wonderful Sunday
Melly:)

Liz said...

Thank you for your encouragement! I got more from your simply stated post than our entire sermon this morning. Your a blessing!

~Liz

kymber said...

Great post today - I needed to read it! I love the gentle witness of the Gideons - A true light in the storm for weary travelers.
You have a lovely Blog! I will be back to read more.
Blessings on your day,
Kymber

Leslie said...

Hi! Popping in from SITS. I, too, love the Gideons. Beautiful blog!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Thanks for stopping by my SS post. I belong to an Emmaus group and one of our men is a Gideon. I haven't quite finished 90 Minutes in Heaven. I'm almost done though. I traveled to Philadelphia by train on Friday for work. I read quite a bit of the book on the train, and as I'm reading tears were pouring down my face. I don't know what the man sitting beside me thought. I made sure he saw what I was reading.

Ms.Daisy said...

Beautiful post, encouraging words. Thank you for your SS post.



~Jean

Blogging tips