Friday, April 24, 2009

Embellish

BFF Linda and I just went to visit Embellish, designer Kathy McCabe's scrumptious new shop. Remember, Kindred Spirit's, we visited Kathy's other establishment a short while back.It was raining cats and dogs the day we went, so I regret to inform you I did not get a shot of the storefront. I have not yet figured out how to hold an umbrella and snap a photo, but trust me when I tell you it has the most delightful black awning beckoning one and all to sample its charm. Words escape me to adequately describe Embellish. It is equal parts gift, floral and home decor shop.
Upon entering the shop there are the sweetest treasures...darling baby (or grandbaby) clothes, jewelry and little happies perfect for the special sweetie pies in your life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Making our way to the back room we discovered a vintage flower cart filled to the brim with greens and instructions to...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm told there are plans for custom floral designs with a fridge stocked full of fresh flowers. Love it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And love this dutch door peeking out into the side courtyard.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then upstairs...the perfect guestroom vignette.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Twin beds absolutely dripping in Kathy's signature bedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I thought I'd died and gone to guestroom heaven!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Look at the darling ottoman sitting between the beds. Too cute!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this ottoman with vintage needlepoint top

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Creative inspiration peered around virtually every corner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Absolutely Divine!

Embellish
1008 E.15th St.
Plano, Texas
www.kbmdesigns.com





12 comments:

Tracy said...

Ohh those beds are so pretty...I could just cuddle up in them.
Have a great weekend!
Tracy

Stacey said...

Good Morning! Looks like a wonderful shop. I bet it smelled great in there too. I just love girly places.

Tricia Anne said...

Good Morning,
What a beautiful location! Thank you for sharing.
Hoping you have a nice weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Lindsay said...

I love your twin beds! They are so pretty! I can see them in a little girl's room....so cute!

Katie said...

Can I come next time, I love it.

Elyse said...

hi lisa!

what a beautiful shop! you and linda must've had a ball that day. i love the small alarm clock on the ottomon -- ooh la la!

thank you so much for your super-sweet comments on my blog, and an award, too! how fun! what do i pick up? i would like to offer you my award, too! the html is at the bottom of my right column and you need it for the animation. if i have offered it already please forgive the repeat! my mind can be like teflon (can i blame the kids?) LOL

thanks again for being such a sweetie!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Lisa, :)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kindness. You gave me an award right off the bat. Thank you! You are wonderful to think of me to pass it too and I really appreciate it so much. It's the precious Pink ladybug right? I will display it proudly and add your name to it my friend.

I wanted to let you know I did add your button along with a few other buttons and discovered they were slowing down my blog from opening in a timely manner.
You are on my blogroll of favorites and I am a faithful follower as well. Please know you are always welcomed to do the same at mine.

This shop is just exquisite. I would absolutely adore shopping here and feel like a queen. It's so elegant yet welcoming. Very nice.
Thank you for sharing the experience with us. The photos are beautiful.

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

PS Your music is the best I have heard in the blogworld. So soothing.

littlemarkiesmom said...

Love your blog! Such beautiful pictures!

Michelle said...

Lisa! I just saw your message about the top fav's award! Thank you, thank you!!! Is it the button on top with the lady bug? I've never received that award before. You are so sweet and your blog definitely reflects your kindness. I am so glad I discovered your blog. Thank you so much again and I will post on my next post. Just let me know if the lady bug is the one. :) I want to link back to you. Also, I have put your button on my blog as well. :) Have a great weekend!!

Liz said...

I'm telling what! You can have New York! I think Texas has some of the best shopping in the country!
What a cute store.
~Liz

ann said...

lisa,i haven't read you post.i will go back and read it.i was so excited to see you are not only a Texan but you live in Plano.i live on the south of mesquite.you hAVE to come by my blog and get you a Texas Pride button from me and I cowgirl button from Ms dixie.ok.i am so tickled to find you

Miss Janice said...

Thanks for sharing your photos of this beautiful shop. I have always wanted a Dutch door...that one's too cute. The linens are gorgeous!

Blogging tips