Monday, April 6, 2009

Betty Lou Phillips

Designer extraordinaire and best selling author Betty Lou Phillips has placed her palatial manse on the market!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kindred Spirits, we do love BLP don't we? We love her fresh French Country look, her gorgeous decorating books gracing our coffee tables

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and even her sweet entree into the children's market, "Emily Goes Wild",which caused quite a sensation at Neiman Marcus I'm told. Betty Lou's beautiful house, in the swanky Highland Park area of Dallas, is up for grabs at a mere $5.5 million. Some of the rooms have been captured on the pages of her popular books.Inside this incredible home you'll find this room

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

and this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In my dreams I've just about moved in. I've arranged all my furniture and I'm praying she'll leave some of hers. Now how cute will I look standing (only standing - somebody else will be doing the cooking) in this kitchen?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The hubster is hovering over me waving that doggone checkbook. He never lets me have any fun.




7 comments:

LuLu said...

I could sit in the kitchen too and watch someone else cook... dreamy!
LuLu

GrannySmithGreen said...

What a great decorator, and such inspiring books. When do you move in! Hee! Isn't daydreaming fun!

Stacey said...

I wonder where she's going? Moving up?? I have to giggle about that a little. You are right. She's a wonderful decorator. I admire her style because it's beautiful and livable.

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Lisa ...

Thank you for visiting my Southern Lagniappe blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I'm so glad it led me to your beautiful "Hospitable Pursuits."

I enjoyed seeing Ms. Phillips' mansion and reading about your trip to New Orleans. Every time we go, it seems our itinerary revolves around food, and we save Cafe Du Monde for early in the morning. The beignets always live up to our expectations and your picture made my mouth water.

I love your blog and will be back to visit again soon.

Sincerely,

Janie

Michelle said...

I'll buy it. Ha! I would if I could! It's beautiful.

I would love to take Zoe....I think if worse came to worse and she had to find a home for him we would try him out with me. :)

char72 said...

Wow. Gorgeous. I love this style too.
Charlotte

Liz said...

Can you even imagine?! I would love to go to the open house!

~Liz

Blogging tips