Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Lord, I'm thankful for my stuff.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Should my house catch on fire (God forbid) the things that I would risk life and limb for would be surprising to some. But I'll wager not to you, Kindred Spirits. The things, the possessions, the stuff most dear to me are not the most valuable. They were not expensive then nor have they increased in monetary value. Their worth is not based on a fluctuating market. They are not considered assets by any reputable accounting firm. But in my world they are priceless. An old Bible with highlighted scriptures, the new Bible a thoughtful son bought me with money earned from a first job, a plate acquired on a visit to Santa Fe, transferware given me by a dear friend from her own collection, my wedding band. These are my treasures. And for these Lord, I am thankful.



11 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Great post, Lisa.....I understand what you are saying. And I agree, that the things that are most valuable have heart strings attached, not purse strings!!!

Suzanne

Mrs. G said...

Good list of things to take away with you! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm glad you like the linens. Your hutch with the blue and white dishes is so gorgeous. Blue and white is one of my favorite color combinations too.
Hugs,
Sue

The White Bench said...

Thanks for sharing this with us, and also for your lovely words on my today's post.
Monica.

Rhondi said...

I love all your china!

hoganfe said...

Adore this post thank you!
mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

KarenB said...

What a thoughtful post. I should actually think about this since we live in fire country. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. I REALLY appreciate it. I think my Bible of 25 years would be at the top after the husband and dog. ;-)

Becky said...

Hi Lisa,
It is so nice to meet you and visit your wonderful blog. I am also happy to find another sister in the Lord out here in this wonderful blogland.
I too would have to grab my bible. I don't think they print it anymore. It is a Worship bible that I got at a Worship seminar done by Maranatha. It has so many wonderful prayers in it. I love it love it love it.
You have a beautiful family and you must be so proud of them. I hope you will come back and visit my Shabby Old House.
Hugs
Becky

Tracy said...

Hi Lisa, totally know where your coming from. We are so blessed.
Hey I love your hutch and china.
~Tracy~

GrannySmithGreen said...

I'm guilty too--I love my stuff. It really is JUST STUFF in the end. (Although as you mentioned, the Pandora de Balthazar might have to be grabbed in the event of fire. Ha!) Truly, it's the people that make me happy. What would I be without my family and friends!

Liz said...

I hear hear ya sister!
Love the hutch and dishes!

~Liz

cindy said...

Very pretty! I'm a big fan of blue and white as well!

-c
yap cat

Blogging tips