Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my children

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There are some lessons that God can only teach us through our children. My children have taught me the meaning of unconditional love. My children have awakened and activated my prayer life. My children have helped me understand the heart of our God. His generosity, His merciful correction, His silence. I have seen my children stumble and I have seen them get it right. I watched everything we poured into them finally begin to pour out of them. My children have matured into productive, talented, caring, articulate, funny, grounded individuals. I have sighed a sigh of relief when like the prodigal they too,"came to themselves." For this Lord I am grateful.

PS This pic was taken when the grad student was in HS, the pre-law student 6th grade, Mr. LSU was learning the x's table and the thespian had lost her 1st tooth.
PSS The thespian and I are headed to NOLA for a long weekend with the grad student.Cafe de Monde here I come! I'll have a beignet for ya'll!

3 comments:

April said...

Very powerful "Thankful Thursday" post! You have a beautiful family...they grow up so fast, don't they? Have a wonderful day!

Jeanne said...

Hello Lisa, I would be proud of these wonderful children, now adults, making a stamp on this world. This only happens most of he time with loving, nurturing and caring parents. I am thankful for you.

Hugs...Jeanne

Tracy said...

Lisa, you have a beautiful family.
Our families are such a blessing.
Have a great day!
Tracy

Blogging tips