Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my friends.This is a photograph of a painting a dear, talented friend and neighbor painted of my home.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
She had her gorgeous living room, decorated by a top notch designer(you would know him if I told you his name). It was spectacular in every way. Trouble was she wanted her greatroom-kitchen done too and she spent most of her budget on the living room."Not to worry," I said."We can do the greatroom ourselves." I am nothing if not confident. We shopped, we junked, we ordered and came in on budget! The greatroom was perfect for her growing family. As a thank you she painted this for me. Every time I pass by it I smile. I am reminded of other dear friends...My sister whose love and faith in me defies description, Don and Glenda, who time and time again open their hearts and home to my family and me. While I am in pursuit of hospitality, they have truly apprehended it. My sweet sister friend Linda(sister friends are friends who should have been sisters)who has traveled the Rose Coop path with me. Joan whose answer is always,"Yes." Can you pick up the thespian? "Yes." Since you're at the grocery store can you pick up some milk for me? "Yes." Can you host the Christmas progressive dinner at your house? "Yes." I am blessed to have these and others who enrich my life with their time, their talent, their encouragement. For these and all the others, Lord I am thankful!





7 comments:

Julie said...

The painting is beautiful. What a gift to have such a wonderful friend. Welcome to the SITS community :)

Jill said...

What a beautiful painting & gift! Look like a beautiful french country house!

Thanks for stopping by Hickory Hollow and leaving a comment for me, I have so enjoyed visiting your beautiful blog!

~Jill

Tracy said...

Oh what a priceless gift! It is so pretty. Something you will always treasure.
Tracy

Lisa M said...

beautiful gift! I wish I had a friend who could paint! lol

Just stopped by to wish you a big hello and a warm welcome to SITS!

Have a great day!

carma said...

what a charming painting. Sounds like you have some wonderful friends.

Welcome to SITS. I know that you will enjoy being a part of the SITS community. Glad you're on board!
carma

greedygrace said...

It's so great to have so much to be thankful for!

Welcome to SITS!

Charlotte said...

How wonderful to have such a talented friend. I love the painting.
Charlotte

Blogging tips