Monday, March 30, 2009

Springtime in New Orleans

This past week the Thespian and I went to New Orleans to visit the Grad Student for Spring Break. Just the girls. Of course we had lunch at the Camellia Grill
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Shopping on Magazine Street

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A Stroll through Audubon Park

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Beautiful Architecture of NOLA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But who am I kiddin'? The real reason for the trip...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I almost hated to come back home. But we'll be back. The Grad Student is planning to stay for medical school. Whoo Hoo!






7 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Congrats to the Grad Student for making it INTO med. school....yep, NOLA is a great place to visit! It IS beautiful; thanks for the stroll down memory lane!
Suzanne

Michelle said...

Oh my God, those pastries look fabulous. What a fun day an the weather looks beautiful!One day I will get to New Orleans. I've always wanted to visit. NOLA looks beautiful! My little brother will be finishing his fellowship in South Carolina and he already has a job waiting for him at an oncology establishment in Los Angeles. I'm so proud of him. :)

Have a great day, Lisa!

Tracy said...

Lisa, y'all will be covered from head to toe...a dentist and a doc. :)
I haven't been to NOLA in over 20 years, I just love the architecture down there too. My mom and father in law lived in south louisiana for years and I just loved to visit them. It is like a different country.
Have a great day!
Tracy

Mrs. G said...

I remember that Cafe from when we were in NOLA many, many years ago. Have a great time on your trip and Congrats of having a Dr potentially in the family. Our Daughter-in-law is starting PA school this May.
Hugs,
Sue

JudyBug said...

Well, now you've gone and done it. I've been craving beignets for months and was just starting to get over it. I grew up in Gretna (across the river). Oh my...beignets, cafe au lait...yum!

JudyBug

AndreaLeigh said...

oh man, I love seeing these pictures! i've never been, but my parents have and they brought me back cafe du monde coffee. it is amazing! i found a place locally who sells it to get my fix.

Liz said...

I so would love to visit! Thanks for sharing your pictures. :)

~Liz

Blogging tips