Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Missing Mary

I am having serious Mary Engelbreit withdrawal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last month I ran to the mailbox, expecting to find a very Valentine-y Home Companion, only to discover some trickster had swapped my Mary for Martha.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What's a girl to do? Easter is fast approaching and I always loved Mary at Easter. She excelled at featuring bright Spring-y interiors, crafts, and recipes. Remember this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know Mary and I had our differences (I'm just not that into checks), but she could be counted on for delightful, fresh, approachable interiors full of whimsy and fun. Am I the only one or are you too, Kindred Spirits, missing Mary?



5 comments:

Elyse said...

hi lisa,

i hear you. i must say, i am not totally digging the martha stewart magazine. sure, it's got the photos but home companion was just brimming with creativity and inspiration. waaaaah.

xo

Velvet and Linen said...

I miss Mary too.
My home was supposed to be in this month's issue!
I was so excited to see the final photographs.


xo
Brooke

LuLu said...

Me too! :(
LuLu

Anita said...

I am so with you on missing Mary! I, too, wasn't into ALL things Mary, but I sure found more than a good share of inspiration and beauty within her pages! Martha just isn't the same...

Liz said...

Oh I am a HUGE ME fan! I have a lot of her items and subscribed for several years. Unfortunately, I thought that her magazine strayed from it's original format the last couple of years and I stopped subscribing. Maybe it will be like Vitoria was and come back even better???? Who can say.
In the mean time I just look at my old issues and ME books...I can look at them over and over...
~Liz

Blogging tips